There’s no room for error when it comes to ballot printing for election season in New York State. For us at Phoenix Graphics, elections are an incredible opportunity to exemplify our unfaltering commitment to precision and detail.
We’re always grateful for feedback, but notes like this from our friends at the Fulton County Board of Elections make us especially proud: “Just wanted to thank you and your wonderful staff for helping us pull this off! Love you guys.”
We highly value our local, regional, and statewide communities’ civic voices, and have made it our mission to produce the highest quality voter materials for each and every one of the 13,000 election districts we serve (over 75% of New York State).
Election laws are complex. In order to better adhere to the intricacies of each county’s respective ballot requirements, Phoenix got creative. We’re proud to say we’re the first commercial printing company in New York State to develop software specifically designed to facilitate precise ballot formatting, thereby accommodating complex NYS requirements.
In 2006 and 2007, we were awarded patents for our unique ballot formatting system, and continue to improve upon our existing systems
With these helpful software tools in our back pocket, the production process begins. Not only do we format and physically print the ballots, but Phoenix provides a number of other analytic and precautionary services to our districts as well. These services include:
- Creation of initial ballot layouts
- Certification updates
- Generation of M.O.V.E. Act files (Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment)
- Production of approved absentee bridged data (secure fonts on request)
- Password-protected PDF proofs
- Generation of ballot order forms
- Manual editing of registered voter info to reflect consolidation when required
- Ensuring integrity of printed ballots (testing individually on a scanner with county software. Checking for readability, ink adhesion, cutting and registration)
- Verification of pad quantities’ weight
- Secure stapling
- Creation of county and election district-specific labels
- Securing materials in pre-printed shrink wrap
- Sealing delivery cartons with security-specific tape
- Packing and verifying carton contents
- Directly transport freight, included at no additional charge
Each election year presents new challenges, and we continually look forward to utilizing our knack for innovation and creativity to accept each challenge and reach our goals.
Thank you, New York State, for entrusting us with this paramount opportunity, and we look forward to providing you with your election materials for many years to come!
Our very best,
The Phoenix Graphics Team